Rosenbauer City 2030 – Our Strategy
Climate change and social change. Digitalization and shif of global markets.
These megatrends are fundamentally changing the framework conditions for our business. With our “Rosenbauer City 2030” strategy, we are addressing these challenges and using them as an opportunity. To this end, we are further developing ourselves and our positioning and strengthening our market leadership. We are doing this in order to build on our success. But we are also doing this out of a sense of responsibility toward our employees, society and our planet as well as toward our industry, which, as an industry leader, we want to shape through outstanding, series-ready innovations. After all, responsibility is already a central building block for Rosenbauer’s success. With the change in social awareness, this will become much more important.
WORLDWIDE 2019 (1980: 249)
Today, climate change caused by human activities is indisputably responsible for an increase in extreme weather events. According to Munich Re, the number of natural disasters rose sharply between 1980 and 2019. Losses are also increasing. Climate impact mitigation is keeping fire departments on their toes.
WILL BE INVESTED IN DIGITALIZATION WORLDWIDE IN 2022.
PANTHER 6x6 mit elektrischem Antriebsstrang (PANTHER electric)
Detection, prevention, de-escalation – digitalization and networking will open up new opportunities for fire departments and provide them with additional capabilities. Satellite-based earth observation or even the Internet of Things will make operations management more efficient and the work of emergency personnel safer.
YEARS IS THE LIFE EXPECTANCY
IN COUNTRIES WITH HIGH PER CAPITA
Life expectancy is continuously increasing and currently stands at 80 years. The changing nature of society has also made diversity the norm. Firefighting equipment must take this trend into account and evolve with the needs of emergency personnel.
SHIFT OF GLOBAL MARKETS
The development of the gross domestic products (GDP) of the 20 largest countries is evidence of the shift in global markets. For Rosenbauer, this results in new opportunities for growth.
BILLION USD IN GDP
IS FORECAST FOR CHINA BY 2026. (2021: 16;862 BILLION)
Our corporate targets for 2030
To continue on our successful path and to take account of changing conditions, we further refined our corporate strategy in 2021 and defined focus topics with targets for 2030.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, PARTNERSHIPS
- Increasing customer satisfaction
through mass costumization
- Promotion of development partnerships
- Expansion of e-commerce
- Strengthening employer attractiveness
- Creation of future-proof working environments (smart work)
- Promotion of diversity and significant increase in the proportion of women
CLIMATE AND SUPPLY CHAIN TRANSPARENCY, RESOURCE CONSERVATION
- Emission-free firefighting
- Reduction of CO2 emissions in logistics by 50%
- Alignment of investments with ESG criteria
- Use and generation of green energy
- Development of a Group climate strategy
- Revenues of € 2 billion
- EBIT margin of 7 %,
- ROCE of 14 %
- F&E-Investitionen von 30 Mio € jährlich
Our strategic positioning
With our Corporate Strategy 2030, we are strengthening our market recognition as an innovation and technology leader for the coming years and, in turn, expanding our potential customer base. We want to change the world of firefighting. To help us achieve this, we have defined strategic levers that we will use to sustainably develop our industry and the Rosenbauer Group.
1. Products: Product leadership
Expansion through outstanding innovation and customized serial production
We drive innovation by combining our experience with new technological possibilities. This allows us to generate further growth with higher-value products.
Central areas of activity
- Alternative drive technologies: Dual strategy with proprietary vehicle architectures and new body concepts for standard electric chassis
- Digitalization: Development of digital products and services for organizational support and networking of fire departments
as well as for operations management
- Smart technologies: Integration of smart products and services, expansion with specific hardware (sensors, drones, robots, turrets) for use cases, training, autonomous operation
2. Market: Customer Intimacy
Increased customer satisfaction through tried-and-tested solutions
We support our customers on a topic-oriented basis and expand our offering in defined markets. This enables us to identify gaps in demand and provide system solutions tailored to specific scenarios.
Central areas of activity
- Market leadership: Expansion of offers in North America and the Middle East, topic-oriented customer support (electric transformation, forest fire, etc.), comprehensive fire protection, expansion of alternative sales and financing models
- Serial customized production: Pre-configured vehicles, uniform user interfaces, standardization of components, optimized processes, online retail
- Non-vehicle business: Implementation of an equipment and service strategy for North America and the Middle East, expansion of preventive firefighting
3. Production: Operational excellence
Value chain optimization and sustainability
We optimize our value chain and are mindful of sustainability, turning this into a competitive advantage.
Central areas of activity
- Smart factories: Group-wide ERP system, standardized, transparent processes, optimized production, quality management, efficient supply chains, agile methods
- Sustainability: Products, production processes, infrastructure, supply chains, compliance, financing
- Focus on employees: Premium employer, diversity, new working time models, modern working environments